Friday, September 28, 2012

Gillu Sunder - Part II

Gillu was growing handsomer. I tried to get a girl for him. But couldn't He was becoming vociferous too. May be the loneliness was irking him. Then one day  in the morning as I opened the cage he jumped out. I didn't try  to catch him.Yeah, I  wanted him to go and find a mate for himself. Believe it or not the next day morning I saw him coming to my back yard with another squirrel trailing him, presumably his girl friend.I scattered  some rice on the roof of the kennel  a place where I scatter  food for my wild feathered  friends. He and his girl  came down the mango tree, jumped on the roof top and started eating. I felt happy. I knew deep inside he will haunt my place and never go away.We watched him enjoying his new found freedom.My partner said " let them be, this is better". And I nodded consent, even as I longed to hold him and stroke his furry body and watch him raise his tiny fore-paws to scratch him as he enjoyed himself his eyes closed.


No comments:

Post a Comment