Friday, February 16, 2018

A Post a day - Limerick

                                                                       Limerick
Yeah, it is really funny how  I came out of my lethargy  and plop I have fallen in love with Limerick. I can't predict how long it is going to last but I shall go on till it lasts. And so a limerick  a day I promise myself now.

Not an innately humorous person I think I have to learn to be funny to tickle others to laughter. So  following the foot step of Edward Lear, a master at Limericks I am going to tell stories only  now, about two toddlers -  Lany and Dany in my limericks.

For the lay men  a Limerick is a poem with 5 lines rhyming  aabba with the first two and fifth line having 7 to !0 syllables and the third and fourth with 5-7 syllables.

An example from Edward Lear:

" There was an old man with a beard
Who said it is just as I feared!
Two owls and a hen
Four larks and a wren,
Have all built their nest in my beard."

The nursery rhymes "Hickory Dickory Dock", "Little Miss Muffet", "Mary had a Little Lamb" are all examples of Limerick.

MY FIRST LIMERICK

                The Two Little Guys
The two little guys Lany and Dany
Went walking to see their granny
Plucking  a bloom here
Chasing a fly there
And greeted granny with a wee bunny.






2 comments:

  1. Yes go as long as possible. All the best! Good form and good characters
    Bound to be great short and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouraging words Sir. It keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete