Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Letter of Appreciation from one of My Cherished Friends

A Letter of Appreciation

Dr.Mini John my friend from Alphonsa College, Pala  has given a beautiful appreciation of my poems she found in the Internet. I cherish it so much I thought I would share it with all my beloved friends who visit my blog.

"Really marvelous poems !
I could feel your throbbing heart in each one of them.
They sparkle with the rare sheen of a fine poetic sensibility.
I really love the symbolic elements in your poems, especially that of ‘Anguish’, ‘Lonely Plight’ & ‘Snake and Ladder’( may be because that was the area of my research.)
The suggestiveness of the expressions like the ‘male bird’ straying into your verandah and ‘I removed the hook’ are so thought provoking.
How beautifully you’ve portrayed the Fall of Everyman and the yearning for redemption in ‘Snake and Ladder’! The title is charmingly deceptive as it reminds us of the innocent world of kids.
With the choir of the cicadas and the frogs, and the snakes jutting out their forked tongues to taste the first rain drops, you have painted  an unforgettable word picture. This is how the impressionable heart of a painter comes to the aid of the poet in you.
And that is why I said there is nothing under the sun more beautiful than a poet-painter’s heart".


No comments:

Post a Comment