Thursday, October 27, 2011

MY Loves

My Loves

I love
 the golden sun, snaking through the  yellow-green paddy fields;
I love
the flirting dragon flies skimming and dancing over pools,
glassy and clear revealing yet another world of wonder;
I love
the profound innocence reflected in the eyes of a new born babe
I love
 The kittens seven days  old gently  opening their eyes to spy a world new;
I love
the new born puppies  snuggling to their mother;
I love
 the  sprightly chickens newly hatched ;
I love
the yellow ducklings taking to water straight from their shells;
I love
the frisky young calves playing on the meadow;
I love
The new born lambs with their wobbly legs.
I love
the trees putting forth their tender leaves  after the fall;
I love
the slow smile lighting up my partner’s  eyes when he sees me
I love
the friendly gleam and  the radiating warmth in my friends’ eyes as they greet me;
I love
The black drongo, natures mimic surprising me with his mimicry;
I love
The squirrel scolding the stalking cat;
I love
my little ones gurgling laughter of sheer pleasure;
I love
my Amma’s hearty “have a nice day mackale” over the phone
 though stricken with physical pains and aches;
I love
my younger brothers pleasant and vibrant  “hello lathakka” and their teasing and leg pulling over the phone
I love
the endearing  natures of my two sisters,
I love
my friends  hearty infectious laughter that drives away my blues  
I love
the spontaneous warm affection, sincerity and readiness to help of a friend newly gained
I love  
 the   echo of concern of my best friend when she calls me after missing me in the college;
I love
the endearing and sincere “hello chechi ”of our young  family friend
I love
the crab like sensitivity of my close friend
I love
the voice of  my Lord I hear, the moment I am torn and broken  
All these  loves 
My priceless treasures 
Urge me  to go on
 Making every new day a joy ride.

2 comments:

  1. Latha has done it again and done it well. "My Loves" is a paean on love, love of the most elementary kind, the love that sinks deeper into the very essence of beings, creatures, emotions and even ideas. It is truly panoramic as she travels relentlessly across the familiar locale, gathering bits of sights, sounds and nostalgic memories. It is surprising how she manages to evoke so many memories and fits them all in a well-crafted poem. Hovering over this paean, there is the halo of guileless love and affection. Dr P J George

    ReplyDelete